Melgisorb AG – Highly Absorbent Antimicrobial Alginate Dressing
When the risk of infection is high, Melgisorb Ag is the choice. It absorbs up to 45% more exudate than the leading silver dressing and provides a sustained antimicrobial effect2. Releasing silver ions in the presence of wound fluid, Melgisorb Ag is also effective against a broad spectrum of microorganisms.
- Excellent absorption for deep, heavily exuding wounds
- Provides sustained antimicrobial effect
- Protects the wound and aids autolytic debridement, thereby facilitating wound healing
- High fiber strength allows removal in one piece
Melgisorb Ag can remain in situ up to 7 days. Dressing change frequency will depend on wound condition and the level of exudate. Initially it may be necessary to change the dressing every 24 hours. If the wound appears dry, saturate the dressing with sterile saline solution prior to removal. Gently remove the dressing from the wound bed. Irrigate the wound site in accordance with standard protocols prior to application of a new dressing.
Melgisorb Ag is not indicated for use on the following:
- individuals with a known sensitivity to alginates or silver
- surgical implantation
- to control heavy bleeding
- for direct application on dry or lightly exuding wounds.
For detailed information please see Instructions for use.
Areas of use
Melgisorb Ag is indicated for the management of moderate to heavily exuding partial to full thickness wounds such as:
- post-operative surgical wounds
- trauma wounds (dermal lesions, trauma injuries or incisions)
- leg ulcers
- pressures ulcers
- diabetic ulcers
- graft and donor sites
- partial thickness burns
This product can also be used under compression bandages. As the product contains alginate, it may assist in supporting the control of minor bleeding in superficial wounds.
Melgisorb Ag may be used in the management of infected wounds or wounds in which there is an increased risk of infection under the medical supervision of a healthcare professional.
Melgisorb Ag is indicated for external use only.